HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Project Manager on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have ten (10) years of progressive management experience in an industrial, multi discipline environment. Experience working with industrial growth projects within the mining sector including major facilities improvements or upgrades or changes to existing mining processes and construction experience is essential.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the General Manager of Project Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across multiple business units within the company. The Senior Project Manager is tasked with managing resources, schedules, financials and promote HSE and quality initiatives throughout the project lifecycle.
This position requires a team-oriented approach with open communication between this position and the project team. The role requires extreme flexibility and a results-oriented approach. The Client operates in a continuously demanding and dynamic environment where client satisfaction is a must. The successful candidate must be resourceful in order to act on demands and to resolve issues as they arise.
This is a permanent position and is Client/Project Dependent which will require frequent travel to Client sites and periodic travel to St. John’s, NL.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote and practice company values in nurturing a safe, creative, innovative and enjoyable work environment;
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment is an ongoing priority for all employees;
- Ensure project execution is consistent with the Company’s safety standards and meets the requirements of the client and regulatory agencies;
- Liaise with sales and tendering department to develop and prepare project proposals;
- Manage project plans; obtain appropriate client approvals and sign-offs;
- Identify and manage project resources with appropriate skills and levels;
- Develop and review project efforts and budget estimates;
- Manage project schedules to deliver projects on time and on budget;
- Monitor and track project status, track risks, issues, changes, deliverables and progress through to project completion;
- Identify and manage risks to project completion on time/budget, communicate risks to General Manager, determine and implement risk mitigation plans;
- Develop and foster excellent client relationships;
- Manage client’s expectations, understand client’s point of view and needs while keeping the Company’s interests in mind, promote a win/win attitude with clients, follow up on commitments;
- Manage changes in project scope, clearly define the scope of projects, identify impacts of changes in project scope (budget timelines and estimates), communicate changes in scope to clients and supervisors; manage change in scope documentation;
- Manage, review, and approve project documentation. Coordinate customer approvals as required; ensure timely administration and security of internal Company documentation;
- Manage project issues at appropriate levels within the Company and the client organization;
- Manage procurement of equipment and technology from vendors/suppliers, ensure administration and management of activities are in compliance with Company policies;
- Display judgment in communications with different personnel, handle sensitive confidential information appropriately to team members and client personnel;
- Resolve conflicts, project success and confidence, listen attentively, observe, coach, mentor and advise management and staff members, lead by example, seek participation;
- Manage project group assignments, involve administration personnel, client representatives and other management personnel as required;
- Assist in the development and implement of personal development, performance reviews and training programs for direct reports; and
- Conduct post project completion reviews.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Degree in engineering, supplemented with courses in business management, or other equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
- Ten years of progressive management experience in an industrial environment. Construction experience is required;
- Proficient ability to read and understand mechanical, structural, civil, electrical plans and specifications and tender documents; systems development and integration expertise; ability to motivate and interact effectively at/with all organizational personnel internally and with client’s personnel;
- Excellent writing skills, clear, accurate and concise; good use of graphics; context appropriate to the audience and subject;
- Results oriented. Gets job done right, delivers results, continuously improves, displays a dynamic approach, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm;
- Considers priorities, weighs options, understands consequences, makes reasoned decisions;
- Willing to change priorities, takes on additional responsibility as necessary;
- Self-starter: perceives a need and fulfills it in an effective and efficient manner;
- Understands Company priorities and translates them into work responsibilities; manages and organizes work and resources to maximize efficiencies; and
- Plans for and is proactive about change, fosters an environment where supervisors develop, problem solve, helps team members through change.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.