HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Shipper/Receiver on behalf of one of our Clients.
This position is located in Wabush, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
Objectives & Measurement – Key Responsibilities
- Ensures all receiving or shipping requests are processed in a timely manner;
- Booking of transport of all outbound shipping by calling trucking companies and making shipping arrangements;
- Safe and reliable securement of all shipping orders;
- Using forklift to load products onto trucks and/or other locations as necessary;
- Maintains accurate records of all transactions, using ERP software to update inventory transactions;
- Receiving of materials, parcels and products, while marking them using the correct identification process;
- Ensuring contents of all received goods match the shipping documents and are not visibly damaged;
- Internal delivery of all received goods to the addressee or department;
- Timely and accurate document processing for both shipping and receiving;
- Cutting and measuring wood products for packaging using hand tools, saw, drill, air gun;
- Ensure all inventory items received into the facility are properly stored in their correct locations;
- Painting and packaging products when required;
- As required, assist with receiving of inventory items into the computer database.
- 3-month probationary review;
- Follows the Company Values (Customer Focus, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation & Quality);
- Completes assigned tasks and paper worth within estimated time, meeting deadlines within one’s area of control.
Health & Safety: Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others;
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations;
- Recognize and report and resolve hazards identified;
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe;
- Engage and promote a zero-harm culture;
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School. Previous shipping/receiving experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Construction experience is an asset; and
- Forklift license is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating instructions;
- Ability to write simple correspondence;
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations;
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft windows and office products;
- Clear vision is required for this role; and
- The incumbent must be able to stand, walk, sit, use arms, hands, kneel, crawl, climb, talk and hear in order to perform the duties of this role. Occasionally, the incumbent will be required to lift to 25-50 pounds.
The incumbent performing this role will be exposed to loud manufacturing environments, where personal protective equipment (PPE) must always be worn . Occasionally, the incumbent may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions. Safety measures and procedures are always taken to limit hazards and ensure safety.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.