Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Short Term Planning Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a mining environment.
This position is in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with 3 on/3 off rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
Report to the Technical Services Superintendent and work alongside both Operations and Technical teams to ensure compliance to the short and long-term mine plans. Plans all mining activities (development, drilling, blasting, loading, hauling, etc.) to ensure crusher feed quantity and quality targets are met. Develop mine plans, extraction sequencing, produce weekly and quarterly plans and engineering design work in the open pit operation.
- Meet objectives and comply with; safety plans, incident reporting process, policy/procedure reviews, MOC process, etc.
- Prepare 2 week and quarterly mine plans to guide mine operations
- Ensuring production targets are met (drilled meters, blasted tonnes, mined tonnes, crusher feed).
- Ensuring Ore quality delivered to the crusher meet product specifications.
- Maximizing equipment utilization, productivity, and compliance to mine plans.
- Provide technical guidance to various stakeholders (operators, mine supervisors, technical personnel, etc.).
- Monitor mining activities and dumps progression to ensure adherence to environmental regulations and standards
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Mining specific technical diploma required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mine Engineer preferred.
- 3+ years-experience in open pit mining or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAD software and Microsoft suite is essential required.
- Eng license in Nunavut (or ability to register) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to connect and work with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.