HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Shutdown Planner on behalf of one of our Clients.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approve maintenance planning work each week prior to shutdown scheduling process;
- Participate in weekly planning meetings;
- Champion the Shut Management and Work Management models for the ODS;
- Prioritize identified work with all stakeholders;
- Coordinate between departments and other areas of the business to schedule maintenance activities;
- Builds draft and final quarterly, yearly and 2-year maintenance work schedules;
- Creates budgets and forecasts;
- Promote a culture that visibly demonstrates compliance with IOC’s HSE standards and mission & values;
- Plan for resources required for planned and scheduled maintenance projects;
- Assists in the review, communication and posting of KPI’s on the area KPI board;
- Understand the relationship between maintenance planning, scheduling, execution and improvement, and aligns with operational goals/objectives; and
- Act on Planning Superintendent’s behalf during annual leave or while offsite.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Red Seal Trade or Technical Diploma or Engineering B.Sc. Preferred Mechanical or Electrical;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar industrial setting, mining, processing, manufacturing or related setting, preferably in a maintenance planning role;
- Experience with fixed plant equipment – Gyratory Cone Crushers, Apron Feeders, belt conveyors;
- Project management experience; and
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Project and SAP.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong leadership skills;
- Maintenance work management processes;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated in depth planning and scheduling knowledge using a CMMS system – SAP preferred.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.