HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Shutdown Planner on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in the fields of Pellet Plant production, specifically providing and optimizing plans and instructions for plant equipment shutdowns and re-starts, to meet agreed targets. The ideal applicant would have seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience planning for major outages for Indurating machines and Plant Shutdown.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The duration of this position is six (6) month contract with possibility of an extension. The successful candidate will report to the Superintendent Asset Management Pellet Plant Shutdown.
Essential Job Functions:
- To lead the planning of all shutdown work, including the validation of work plans including work description, time estimates, proper SAP coding, parts ordering, staging plans, required tooling and labour required for the work. The outcomes for these activities are to ensure work is properly scoped and parts are correctly identified, ordered and available work;
- To build annual and bi-annual Shutdown equipment shutdown schedules, incorporating appropriate asset management tactics to minimise production impact;
- To create, update and archive equipment files associated with shutdown activities;
- Create, print and communicate shutdown work schedules, including maintenance, operational and project tasks;
- Review Schedule needs with maintenance supervisors, area planners, production coordinator, project managers and shut supervisor;
- Lead scope lock in process 17days prior to shutdown execution activities;
- Provide a shutdown booklet to the shutdown supervisor 24hrs prior to equipment shutdown including shutdown definition, overarching shutdown Gantt, risk assessments and area shutdown specific information;
- Plan approved Work Requests within 7 days following reception;
- Where required, plan work requested by the area team as per the WMP and shutdown criteria. Lead the documenting of all shutdown break work as per the WMP;
- Ensure all planned parts are available for maintenance prior to start of the job;
- Verify all frequently used parts are stocked to appropriate levels and are properly identified in SAP;
- Ensure BOM’s are updated and reflect current asset status. Manage any changes as per MOC process;
- Solve planning issues with planners, production coordinator and shutdown supervisor. These issues include job priority, due date, work scope and maintenance backlog tracking;
- Create, maintain and optimize the maintenance program for all routine shutdown equipment with the asset management team;
- Manage maintenance documentation for all shutdown related equipment;
- Ensure drawing updates are done for all equipment modifications executed during shutdown activities;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities ensuring that appropriate WMP is followed, and shutdown management processes support business objectives; and
- Act on Planning Superintendent’s behalf during annual leave or while offsite.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Sc. Degree in Engineering or Journeyperson trade designation in a maintenance field;
- (Related work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.);
- Certified mechanic or electrician (college is best); Multi-skilled is a major advantage;
- A strong background (7-10 years) in mechanical and/or electrical in a mining/manufacturing setting;
- Minimum of 7-10 years in a maintenance planning role;
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma (desirable);
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and SAP; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and work as a team;
- Maintenance work management processes;
- Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development;
- Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Leveraging the broader organization for value creating through sharing knowledge, experience, resources and skills; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.