HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Plant Maintenance Superintendent on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or relevant post-secondary education in trades/technology and have 5-10 years of supervisory experience in mining or related field.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide effective leadership to the pellet plant maintenance team by developing and clearly communicating current and future maintenance strategies to ensure the team understands their role in the organization and how the decisions they make impact both upstream and downstream processes.
• Demonstrate visible safety leadership, lead the implementation of HSE systems and ensure policies, procedures and standards are followed and measures taken to correct non-compliance.
• Develop and coach team members.
• Drive initiatives to improve and establish a standard of housekeeping that reflects the Client’s values compliance.
• Maintain equipment availability at or above target levels by demonstrating good technical expertise in the area under supervision and, in cooperation with the members of his/her sector, identifies faults and repetitive operation or production stoppages, and organizes information gathering and analysis.
• Actively helps to improve tools, equipment, methods, and processes.
• Balance maintenance and production requirements and work to achieve them by understanding risks and opportunities weighed against potential value creation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or relevant post-secondary education in trades/technology.
• 5-10 years supervisory experience in mining or a related industry.
• Strong, demonstrated commitment to safety.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively collaborate with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.