HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Superintendent Technical Services – Electrical & Instrumentation on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, 15-20 years of relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance, and be registered as a Professional Engineer (PEGNL and/or OIQ) or eligibility for registration.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions, equipment, or processes;
• Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem-solving techniques;
• Contributes to successful project scoping and development by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements;
• Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of engineering projects within constraints of specific objectives, budget, resources and target dates;
• Coordinates project activities with other operating, engineering units and stakeholders to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion;
• Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions;
• Reviews project-related documentation for accuracy and relevancy;
• Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design;
• Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that objectives are being met;
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices;
• Holds a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process;
• Coordinates engineering activities for the defined area of responsibility for the full project life cycle; and
• Ensuring compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
• 15-20 years relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance;
• Registration as Professional Engineer (PEGNL and/or OIQ) or eligibility for registration;
• Expertise in iron ore processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures;
• Experience in automation;
• Experience in operational areas;
• Fluent in English – Speaking and writing (Bilingual in English and French is an asset);
• Expertise in MS Suite and SAP; and
• Expertise in Primavera P6 (asset).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.