HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Supervisor-Pellet Plant Maintenance on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in a supervisory role and have at least 5 years’ experience in a production and/or maintenance role.
This position is located in Labrador.
We are looking for a Supervisor – Pellet Plant Maintenance to be responsible for leading maintenance crews to coordinate shift activities safely and cost effectively deliver production and maintenance targets. Coordinate shift activities with Operations to ensure daily production targets are met or exceeded. This includes effectively executing planned and scheduled work as well as breakdown repairs to enhance equipment availability and reliability.
Essential Job Functions:
The Supervisor – Pellet Plant Maintenance will be responsible for leading maintenance crews to coordinate shift activities safely and cost effectively deliver production and maintenance targets. Coordinate shift activities with Operations to ensure daily production targets are met or exceeded. This includes effectively executing planned and scheduled work as well as breakdown repairs to enhance equipment availability and reliability.
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be:
- Ensuring team members work safely and follow all safety standards and safe work practices;
- Actively participating in Client safety program and role model appropriate safety behaviors (safety observations, group safety talks, planned general inspections, accident/incident investigations, etc.);
- Providing leadership in team building, planning, and establishing clear measures that keep everyone focused on safety, results, and the customer;
- Arrange appropriate training for team members, review work performance and deal with grievances at the primary stage;
- Supervising, coordinating and monitoring the execution of scheduled work plans and unplanned emergency and breakdown work, determining sequence and assignments based on work priority and availability of equipment and manpower;
- Working closely with the maintenance planner to ensure planned jobs are within scope and also to provide feedback on work completed, work to be rescheduled, parts and materials;
- Provide relevant information to be considered in development of upcoming work plans;
- Providing good customer service and maintain a continuous improvement focus by working with customers and team members to resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve maintenance productivity and quality;
- Providing timely data into various information systems (i.e. work order history, employee pay details, monthly reports, etc.);
- Developing and promoting a positive employee relations environment within the department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience in a production and/or maintenance supervisory role;
- Hold a Trade Certification (Millwright) will be considered an asset;
- Strong safety focus and willingness to enforce safety protocols and procedures;
- Strong leadership experience;
- Strong work management execution history;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.