Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Technical Safety Engineer on behalf of one of our clients, Aker Solutions. The ideal candidate would have experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
This position is in St. John’s, NL. This is a full-time (40 hrs./week) position, with a duration of one year (possibility of extension).
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivering conceptual and detailed technical safety and/or human factors engineering deliverables based on project specifications and engineering inputs following applicable specifications, standards and codes including but not limited to design basis safety strategies, design philosophies, fire & gas detection and protection systems, escape routes, layout documentation, and engineering design risk mitigation.
- Liaising with other disciplines through work development; investigating, advising, and resolving complex design and field engineering problems.
- Analyzing problems, organizing investigations, and determining specific design criteria.
- Assessing system safety using varied standard methods including, PHL, PHA, FMEA, FFA, HAZOP, FTA, ETA, modelling, etc.
- Initiating and facilitating technical safety reviews and verifications with responsibility for safety design reviews such as HAZID, Safety assessments, ALARP assessments.
- Participating in evaluating risk analyses, SIL and reliability analyses, hazard analyses.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline and registration with PEGNL as a P.Eng (preferred) or an EIT.
- Experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
- Experience with Fire and Gas Detection systems, Active and Manual Fire Protection, Passive Fire Protection, Bunding and Drainage Systems, Egress and Escape Routes, Evacuation Systems and Life Saving Appliances.
- Experience with Regulatory and Certifying bodies is an asset.
- Experience with offshore installations operating in harsh & ice prone environments, would be an asset.
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Overall understanding the totality and disciplines relevant for development of safety concepts.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.