Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Technical Services Superintendent on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a mining environment.
This position is in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with 3 on/3 off rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Mine Manager, the position is responsible for leading and providing technical mentorship to the mining professionals in the Technical Services team (mining engineers, technicians, surveyors, geologists, etc.), development of budget and mine plans for all timeframes and ensure regulatory compliance for all technical and environmental aspects of the mine.
- Ensuring work procedures are followed and safety standards are adhered to (risk assessment, incident reporting & investigating, policy & procedures review, MOC, etc.).
- Mentor and provide performance feedback to team members and in particular to senior professionals.
- Manage social problems as they occur and administer discipline as required.
- Develop mine design and mine plans for all timeframes (short range, budget, 5-year, and long term), including capital plans and capital justifications.
- Participate to the Continuous Improvement process and implement opportunities to add value and increase the operations’ efficiency.
- Analyze equipment and processes capabilities and develop production targets.
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System and that ore quality delivered to customers meet product specifications.
- Delivery of various plans and technical data to support the Mine and the Supply Chain from mine to port.
- Ensure compliance to the waste rock management plan and other environmental regulations and standards
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in mining engineering or geology required.
- Master Degree in mining engineering or geology and/or finance preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience with mine technical staff supervision.
- 5-7 years' experience with developing mine plans and/or budget.
- At least 10 years of experience in an open pit mine environment and/or the equivalent.
- Eng. license in Nunavut (or the ability to transfer to Nunavut) is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of CAD software and mine scheduling package required.
- Advanced knowledge of mobile equipment capabilities and production systems required.
- Advanced knowledge of Acid Rock Drainage required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Experience in mine planning and mine production is essential.
- Strategic thinking and deep understanding of mining production and planning systems is required.
- Experience in data analysis and process optimization is essential.
- Experience in grade control and quality management will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Iron Ore will be considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.