HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Testing/Packaging Supervisor on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have 3-5 years experience in manufacturing and processing, with strong leadership skills.
The Testing/Packaging Supervisor plans, organizes, leads, and controls a team of employees to achieve targets. The Testing/Packaging Supervisor manages employees, processes, and material flow to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency. The Testing/Packaging Supervisor coaches, mentors, delegates, and guides employees to ensure targets and timelines are achieved. The Testing/Packaging Supervisor will advocate on behalf of the organization and communicate new policies and programs from management. The Testing & Packaging Supervisor will represent employees’ requests to management and participate in employee performance reviews and justifies to management recommendations for transfers, promotions and pay rate increases.
This position is located on the Burin Peninsula. Relocation to the area is required for non-locals.
Essential Job Functions:
The Testing & Packaging Supervisor is responsible to perform all duties and assigned tasks in accordance with company policies, procedures and work instructions.
Specific tasks could include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate Testing and Packaging Technicians in cleaning, testing, inspecting, and packaging products and materials for storage or shipment.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegate tasks.
- Collaborate with Production Manager on transporting items to and from the worksite, and the Logistics Coordinator to ensure outbound products are prepped and ready for pick up.
- Assist in inspecting product prior to packaging and return rejected product to production.
- Review and sign off on all necessary documents and ensure these are sent to appropriate personnel.
- Requisition and store testing and shipping materials to maintain inventory of stock.
- Requisition containers and other supplies to be delivered to packaging workstations.
- Utilize principles of Lean Manufacturing to eliminate waste, improve efficiencies and maintain housekeeping in testing and storage areas.
- Build quality into all processes and maintain compliance to all quality requirements; report issues to Quality Coordinator and assist with corrective action plans.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training required by workers.
- Maintain order and discipline and resolve any disputes or other issues.
- Inform and brief Production Manager and other senior managers, as necessary.
- Explain management policies and other directives to employees and convey their messages and requirements to higher management.
- Administer discipline as necessary and in accordance with policies.
- Conduct daily toolbox talks.
- Conduct duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager up to and including pre deployment preparations and field deployments.
Safety and Quality
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Ensure all unsafe conditions and near miss incidents are reported immediately.
- Ensure all non-conformances (defects) are reported immediately.
- Participate in all meetings as required.
- Follow OH&S guidelines as outlined in company policies.
The Testing & Packaging Supervisor may also be asked from time to time to carry out additional tasks appropriate to his/her skills, as determined by the needs of the Client.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing and processing.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in testing, packaging, and shipping various assemblies.
- Ability to arrange activities in a certain order/pattern according to work instructions
- Valid driver’s license.
- Certificates in forklift operation, fall protection, and aerial lifts are an asset.
- On the job training provided.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.